About this Project¶
This document provides guidelines to install, configure, use and customise the GeoNetwork opensource software.
The GeoNetwork project started out as a Spatial Data Catalogue System for the Food and Agriculture organisation of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP).
At present the project is widely used as the basis of Spatial Data Infrastructures all around the world.
The GeoNetwork opensource software is released under the GPL v2 license and can be used and modified free of charge.
Documentation is released under a Creative Commons license with the following conditions.
You are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit) and to Remix (to adapt) the documentation under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute GeoNetwork opensource documentation to GeoNetwork opensource developers.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
With the understanding that:
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain. Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
Other Rights. In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Notice: For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
You may obtain a copy of the License at Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
The document is written in reStructuredText format for consistency and portability.